Mardi 01 décembre 2020

Who to call to find help ?

A physician or a shrink?

  • A general practitioner, a nutritionist or a dietitian who only regards obesity as a dietary problem will only address the problem in the short term. They will obtain only short term results in the best case scenario.
  • A psychologist or a psychiatrist who only considers the psychological aspects will also only provide partial help. People having difficulties with their weight often need psychological help, but this is not enough to modify eating behavior.
  • A therapist who tackles the problem both in its alimentary and psychological aspects or two therapists working in coordination will most often be more effective.

To learn more about cognitive and behavioral therapies (french)

To learn more about Freudian psychotherapies (french)

  • Dernière mise à jour: 19/11/15 16:53